Cristie ABMR – English
Recover Systems direct from Avamar backups
With Cristie ABMR you can protect critical servers from the consequences of failure or disaster by recovering them directly from your EMC Avamar backups. Recover your protected servers, including; operating systems, applications, user configuration and data to any point in time provided by Avamar.
- Leverage existing Avamar backups without extra infrastructure, or management
- Recover to any point in time provided by the Avamar backups
- Supports Windows, Linux, AIX and Solaris and dissimilar hardware, virtual and cloud environments
- Recover entire workloads including; OS, applications, data and configuration information
- Improve recovery time objectives by restoring your server in as little as ten minutes. Multiple servers can be recovered simultaneously
- Recover to a range of system recovery targets
- Schedule regular or instant recovery simulations to virtual or cloud, to test whether your backup will recover in the event of a failure
- Manage multiple, simultaneous system recoveries on site, or remotely
- ABMR is a recommended recovery solution for Avamar
- Saves storage space, network bandwidth, processing power and management resources
- Recoveries can be rolled back to a time before the disaster occurred
- Most systems can be protected using ABMR
- The recovered machine does not need to be calibrated and tuned to run as it did before
- Meet aggressive service level agreements recovery time and point objectives
- Flexibility to suit most environments
- Enjoy complete confidence that your system backups will recover
- Easy, secure, mobile access
- ABMR is re-sold globally by EMC and its channel partners as a recommended recovery solution for Avamar
- Integrated system recovery
- Point in time recoveries
- Support for multiple OS and cloud
- Recovered system identical
- Fast recovery times
- Flexible recovery targets
- Recovery assurance
- Remote management
- Recommended solution
„ABMR is very easy to implement and use. It works perfectly for us and the support we get if anything goes wrong is top rate.“ – Head of Business Continuity, Leading US Commercial Bank
How it works
ABMR allows you to perform a complete bare machine recovery of your system direct from a Avamar backup. It also provides recovery assurance as the software can be scheduled to run through a complete recovery process. This fully automates the creation of the recovered machine and then runs test scripts to verify integrity and functionality. Schedules can be set up months in advance and planned, so that the entire server infrastructure is tested over the course of the desired time frame.
The recovery machines are held in an isolated network and can be released after every simulation so storage is not permanently required. Detailed reporting highlights any problems encountered and provides an audit track of successful results. Perform a recovery by following this simple process:
- Install ABMR on the client system to be protected.
- License the software, using a trial or full license. The software will then gather configuration parameters, including details about the hard disks, operating system, storage controller, network adapter and network settings. Some of these details can be tailored.
- Perform standard Avamar backup.
- Boot recovery environment on the target system and monitor the automated restore process.
|OS/ Virtual platform (32- and 64-bit system, min disk space 10MB)||ABMR|
|Server 2008 + R2||X|
|Server 2012 + R2||X|
|RHEL 4, 5, 6, 7||X|
|CentOS 4, 5, 6, 7||X|
|SLES 10, 11, 12||X|
|OEL 5, 6||X|
|Solaris 9, 10, 11||X|
|AIX 6.1, 7.1 – 7.2||X|
|vCloud Director 5|
|VMware vCloud Air|
|Avamar Server||6.1.101-87 +|
|Avamar Client||188.8.131.522 +|
Licensing & pricing
ABMR requires one license per system it protects and includes 12 months’ free support and maintenance.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have or to send you further information. Please use one of our contact forms or our general contact information: Cristie Data GmbH, Nordring 53-55, 63843 Niedernberg, Phone: +49 6028 97950, Fax: +49 6028 9795799, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.