Cristie TBMR – English
Recover systems directly from IBM Spectrum Protect backups
With Cristie TBMR you can protect critical servers from the consequences of failure or disaster by recovering them directly from your IBM Spectrum Protect (TSM) backups. Recover your protected servers, including; operating systems, applications, user configuration and data to any point in time provided by Spectrum Protect.
- Leverage existing Spectrum Protect backups without extra infrastructure, or management
- Recover to any point in time provided by the Spectrum Protect backups
- Supports Windows, Linux, AIX and Solaris and dissimilar hardware, virtual and cloud environments
- Recover entire workloads including; OS, applications, data and configuration information
- Improve recovery time objectives by restoring your server in as little as ten minutes. Multiple servers can be recovered simultaneously
- Recover to a range of system recovery targets
- Schedule regular or instant recovery simulations to virtual or cloud, to test whether your backup will recover in the event of a failure
- Manage multiple, simultaneous system recoveries on site, or remotely
- TBMR is a recommended recovery solution for IBM Spectrum Protect (TSM)
- Saves storage space, network bandwidth, processing power and management resources
- Recoveries can be rolled back to a time before the disaster occurred
- Most systems can be protected using TBMR
- The recovered machine does not need to be calibrated and tuned to run as it did before
- Meet aggressive service level agreements recovery time and point objectives
- Flexibility to suit most environments
- Enjoy complete confidence that your system backups will recover
- Easy, secure, mobile access
- TBMR is re-sold globally by IBM and its channel partners as a recommended recovery solution for Spectrum Protect
- Integrated system recovery
- Point in time recoveries
- Support for multiple OS and cloud
- Recovered system identical
- Fast recovery times
- Flexible recovery targets
- Recovery assurance
- Remote management
- Recommended solution
How it works
TBMR allows you to perform a complete bare machine recovery of your system direct from a Spectrum Protect backup. It also provides recovery assurance as the software can be scheduled to run through a complete recovery process.This fully automates the creation of the recovered machine and then runs test scripts to verify integrity and functionality. Schedules can be setup months in advance and planned, so that the entire server infrastructure is tested over the course of the desired time frame.
The recovery machines are held in an isolated network and can be released after every simulation so storage is not permanently required. Detailed reporting highlights any problems encountered and provides an audit track of successful results. Perform a recovery by following this simple process:
- Install TBMR on the client system to be protected.
- License the software, using a trial or full license. The software will then gather configuration parameters, including details about the hard disks, operating system, storage controller, network adapter and network settings. Some of these details can be tailored.
- Perform standard Spectrum Protect backup.
- Boot recovery environment on the target system and monitor the automated restore process.
„I am a real believer in your TBMR product and i’m proud to tell our customers about it. I recommend it as the best available BMR solution for TSM.“ – Senior Storage Consultant, IBM USA
|OS/ Virtual platform (64-bit system, min disk space 20MB)||TBMR|
|Windows 7, 8.1, 10||X|
|Server 2008 + R2||X|
|Server 2012 + R2||X|
|RHEL 5, 6, 7||X|
|CentOS 5, 6, 7||X|
|SLES 10, 11, 12||X|
|Ubuntu 14.04.5, 16.04.3||X|
|OEL 5, 6||X|
|PPC BE, LE||X|
|Solaris 9, 10, 11||X|
|AIX 6.1, 7.1 – 7.2||X|
|vCloud Director 5||X|
|VMware vCloud Air||X|
|Spectrum Protect (TSM) Server||6.3.x.x +|
|Spectrum Protect (TSM) Client||6.3.x.x +|
Licensing & pricing
TBMR requires one license per system it protects and includes 12 months’ free support and maintenance.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have or to send you further information. Please use one of our contact forms or our general contact information: Cristie Data GmbH, Nordring 53-55, 63843 Niedernberg, Phone: +49 6028 97950, Fax: +49 6028 9795799, E-Mail: email@example.com.